Monday 12 July 2010

Doctor Who 2010 Christmas Special Filming News


The filming of the 2010 Doctor Who Christmas Special is now underway, with popular guest stars including Michael Gambon and Katherine Jenkins. The official BBC Press Office said that the story is a twist on ‘A Christmas Carol’ by Charles Dickens.

Steven Moffat has been quoted saying: “We’re going for broke with this one. Its all your favourite Christmas movies at once, in an hour, with monsters. And the Doctor. And a honeymoon. And, oh, you’ll see. I’ve honestly never been so excited about writing anything. I was laughing madly as I typed along to Christmas songs in April. My neighbours loved it so much they all moved away and set up a website demanding my execution. But I’m fairly sure they did it ironically.”

Filming of the Christmas special will continue into August, with the production of Series 6 following on immediately.

No comments: